Saturday, June 7, 2008

Give it to me straight up!

It's been sometime since I had the chance to visit my own blog and to narrow in on what God has been teaching me this past week. Well, if you're like me, you have those dry times in life in which the rain just doesn't fall as much on the ole noggin. But, just the other day I was taking a moment to read some awesome and inspiring stuff from Pastor Perry Noble when pow - storm cells developed and the rain came down. Now, I know that it may not reach the depth of your heart like it does mine because Perry's words are intended for pastors and church leaders. But this stuff is what I want to inspire to:

Be who God called you to be…take risks…pray “stupid” prayers…ask people for commitment…believe in those no one else dared to believe in…PREACH JESUS…listen to the Holy Spirit…give everything your best…spend time BEGGING God to change lives…understand that God wants your church to grow more than you do…stop trying to make people happy…take some time for yourself…hire the people God tells you to hire…LEARN DAILY…spend whatever amount of money you need to spend to grow…develop your strengths, delegate your weaknesses…ignore your critics…STOP trying to be someone else…HONOR GOD’S GIFTING AND CALLING ON YOUR LIFE!!!

It's pouring...