Thursday, March 27, 2008

Rain and Storms



As a pastor it appears to me that, in an odd way, people tend to grow closer to God through trial and tears - even more so than sitting in a stained glass cathedral for years. Do you remember the story of the three little pigs and how each of the pigs built their home out of different materials? As much I love this story and the truths behind it, I have an odd feeling that God probably did his best work with the little pig who lost his entire home with the one puff from the big bad wolf. This is not to say that you shouldn't build a sturdy or strong house. But, I've noticed that God tends to use the storms in life to demonstrate His power in our lives.

Take a look at this great video - along with the song, Jesus bring the Rain, by Mercy Me. Give me your thoughts on this important truth from this video.