Friday, December 5, 2008

One thousand Hits - But I'm Okay

I awoke this morning to find that my Blog Site just reached 1000 hits. Can you imagine being hit 1000 times? I'm not sure what this means or what's even next. My primary goal in this life of blogging was to simply be real and vulenerable with anyone who stumbled upon the site. As some of my closest friends know, I have always enjoyed privately jotting down my thoughts on paper. It produced some remarkable therapy for a warped mind. Well, I took a big step this past year and accepted the challenge of a close friend to try blogging instead. At first, it was an uncomfortable process for me. So, I looked at what other bloggers were doing and I tried to follow their steps closely. Eventually, I decided to just be real with the content of my life and let the chips land where they land. In many ways, my blog serves more as a place of confession for me than insightful ideas on life. You might say, I'm stumbling through life like the next guy. I guess I just want to record these stumbles in hopes it will build a greater awareness of this amazing God who loves us unconditionally, and with passion.

I would encourage you to read about the confession of a church planter (me) and my first four years/blonders in leading a church. Talk about vulnerability. Ouch.

1000 hits - But I'm okay.