Thursday, May 8, 2008

Break Through

Have you ever had one of those moments in life when it all became quite clear to you? I call this - a break through moment. Sometimes a break through moment comes to us when we're not even expecting it. In fact, I would suggest that most of our break through moments happen in life when we least expect it, like through a back door. Maybe you're reading a book and "pow," a statement just grabs you. Or you are talking to a friend at lunch and "zam," their words penetrate your soul. It's a break through moment. A special connection point.

Well, I had a break through moment about a week ago when I heard a pastor share at a conference these amazing words:

In the early church, when the first church started in the New Testament, the entire community was all about "SERVICE." Unfortunately, today most people in the church are about "SERVE US."

"Zap." God kicked the door wide open - and his words penetrated into my heart. It was a break through moment for me.

Because of this, I felt a strong nudge by God to initiate a new Life Talk Series that incorporates this message about serving. I believe it is one that God wants our church to hear. It was a break through moment for me.

Okay...so what about you? Have you had any "break through" moments lately? Something that made you pause to reflect or perhaps even change the course or direction of your life? Let's hear them if you got them.