Friday, April 4, 2008

Giving Every Day a Chance

It's Friday afternoon and I just returned from having a great time with my two daughters (McKenna and Madi) at the new Kwik Trip store located about a mile from our house. That's right - Kwik Trip. We spent about 20 minutes just hanging out together at a gas station (slash) food store. And catch this -- We made our "very own" smoothies from the smoothy machine - all by ourselves. (It did take me a minute or two to figure out how to dispense the ice into the cup. Weird looking machine. I was intimidated just a bit). Do you remember those days as a kid where you just "hung out?" Nothing really to do. As I look back, those were some of the best days of my life. But here's some great news: Today can be one of your best days too. I'm going to speak on this theme this weekend (Sunday) at Willowbrook. And I must say, this series has really opened my eyes to the reality of seeing each day as a gift from God. Each breath, each heartbeat, each smile - comes from the Father above - and we are the recipients of this gift (James 1:17).

So join me and the others this weekend at Willowbrook if you can. To learn more, go to: www.willowbrookchurch.org

Have a great day! It's your choice.